You are here
Murray's primary interests are the semantics and pragmatics of natural language, specifically what sorts of formal representations are needed to analyze a variety of linguistic structures across grammatically diverse languages.
She currently does fieldwork with the Cheyenne over the summers on the Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation in Southeastern Montana. In addition, she is interested in fieldwork and field methods in general, especially the methodology of semantic fieldwork.
- American Indian Studies
- Cognitive Science
Formal semantics and pragmatics, philosophy of language and cognitive science, fieldwork, Cheyenne and other understudied languages
- LING 2248 : Native American Languages
- LING 3390 : Independent Study in Linguistics
- LING 4494 : Honors Thesis Research
- LING 6248 : Native American Languages
- LING 7702 : Directed Research